Videos are created for the Kiwiweather website by animating a series of static frames using ffmpeg.
Current satellites where videos are created are:
- GOES 18 – Full Disc
- GOES 18 – Meso 1 (normally California)
- GOES 18 – Meso 2 (normally Alaska)
- GOES 17 – Full Disc (inactive orbital spare)
- GOES 17 – Meso 1 (normally California)
- GOES 17 – Meso 2 (normally Alaska)
- GOES 16
- GOES 13 (currently not being updated)
- Himawari 8 (inactive orbital spare)
- Himawari 9
- Global combined
Videos look at their best when viewed full screen.
Click on the links above or navigate via the Videos menu above to see these videos.